As a data scientist on Analytic Capability team, this individual will be executing an end-to-end solution in building analytic infrastructure, supporting our data science and analytic solution teams and transforming the insights into actionable endpoints for different business units.
- Support developing analytic infrastructure at AWS environment and partner with IT for analytic production execution
- Work with data scientists and solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design intuitive data structures and create the best-suited data structures for modeling and analysis
- Translating advanced analytics result into production and maintain the update/refresh.
- Integrate additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually identify and fix issue that could enforce robust analytic process
- Support customer service analytic support and providing behavioral insight
- Maintain HBO NOW subscriber transaction analytic structure by incorporating new providers, campaigns and tracking for transaction analysis
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS Solutions, Data and Analytics tools and building data structures to support advanced analytic and research functions.
- Expertise with both structure and unstructured data at Big Data platform setting.
- Experience on database development, management and ETL at big data platform
- Experience with analytic scripting R, Python and SAS and strong with SQL.
- Knowledge of various data science techniques and experience implementing models developed with these techniques into production environment
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.