- You want to be part of high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule.
- Someone who is not intimidated by challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results.
- You care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You have experience with modern, production level Python.
- You have experience with developing and maintaining production data pipelines.
- You’re biased for action, and believe in iterating quickly to solve hard problems.
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor team members to raise the bar on your team.
- You possess strong experience using SQL to perform data manipulation (writing queries) and data definition.
- Partner with architects and business leaders to design and build robust services using streaming and batch data.
- Key contributor in building identity services that will enable HBO to share profiles across the organization in support of marketing and analytics.
- Work independently and part of teams that will ingest data from a variety of source types including viewership, behavioral, attribution, content metadata etc.
- Structure and munge ingested data in support of various use cases including analytics, marketing execution and cross divisional data sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in the AWS Cloud environment.
- 3-5 years of experience using Python and SQL.
- 4-6 years of experience working with various database methodologies such relational, columnar, NoSQL.
- 1 year of experience working on Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse on AWS.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.