The Business Technology Services (BTS) team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group at HBO is responsible for the build and support of vital technology solutions supporting the scheduling, acquisition, processing, and distribution of HBO content. The team is a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and successful Technology team in New York City, Santa Monica and Seattle. The team partners with various business units to enable the services required to deliver HBO’s premium content to domestic and global platforms as well as third party partners by bringing together platform, software, data and business intelligence services. The team is looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to be part of a team dedicated to breaking the norm and pushing the limits of continuous improvement and innovation. The individual will be involved in detailed technical design, development and implementation of applications using Amazon AWS platform. Working within an agile environment, the Senior Data Engineer will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet business needs and ensure the applications we build are meeting high standards of quality and supportability. The individual will have the opportunity to develop his/her technical knowledge and skills while evolving the overall technical maturity of the team. This position will be based in Seattle.
- Partner with architects and business leaders to design and build robust services using streaming and batch data.
- Key contributor in building identity services that will enable HBO to share profiles across the organization in support of marketing and analytics.
- Work independently and part of teams that will ingest data from a variety of source types including viewership, behavioral, attribution, content metadata etc.
- Structure and munge ingested data in support of various use cases including analytics, marketing execution and cross divisional data sharing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience in the AWS Cloud environment.
- 3-5 years of experience using Python and SQL.
- 4-6 years of experience working with various database methodologies such relational, columnar, NoSQL.
- Experience with developing and maintaining production data pipelines
- Nice to have: 1 year of experience working on Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse on AWS.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.