This is a long term temporary position for a Payment Administrator (Supplemental), you will be responsible for processing Above the Line payments ( AP and payroll) for HBO Entertainment projects both in development and in production. You will be managing day to day financial reporting as well as verification of the necessary back-up documentation for each check requisition submitted. You will be liaising with both Legal and Business Affairs; and will be tasked with facilitating communication between them in addition to investigating inquires and alerting the proper departments when contractual changes are necessary.
- Responsible for the submission of check requisitions along with the proper documentation once a payment is triggered. You will be handling the requisitions in HBO’s Financial Information System (DDT).
- Processing and tracking payments for HBO films, Miniseries, and Entertainment development and production projects
- Verification of check amounts, making sure payee and payment entities are correct in DDT by reviewing Contract Request, Memorandums and agreements.
- Input information into DDT systems
- Ensuring all documentation is in order to process payments. i.e. signed Certificates of Engagements/Authorship, signed Upset Price Agreements, employment and immigration documents, proper authorization from Creative, Production, Business Affairs and Legal as applicable.
- Investigate inquiries from Business Affairs and Legal departments. Advise Business Affairs assistants in regards to gathering proper documentation and payment processing procedures as well as helping BA assistants in maintaining proper files.
- Primary contact for inquiries regarding payment issues from internal and external sources, including: HBO Corporate Finance, Production Finance, Legal, Creative, Agencies, Business Managers, Outside Counsel and Accountants.
- Authorize Guild fringe payments. Consult with HBO Labor on labor related pay issues.
- Interact with HBO Residuals/Contingency Compensation department.
- Solid ability to communicate with all levels internally and externally using "white-glove service" is strongly required.
- Excellent written communication skills and strong worth ethic.
- Independent problem solver/troubleshooting
- A minimum of one year payroll and production accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree desired
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.