The Digital & Social Media (DSM) team in HBO Marketing is constantly evolving to stay ahead of changing consumer behaviors. The cross-functional team covers digital and social marketing, production, design, media, analytics and customer lifecycle marketing. The team focuses on fan engagement via social platforms, driving tune-in and marketing technology, emerging tech (AI, AR and VR experiences) and creating captivating consumer activations tied to our programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow us and love the stories we tell. Our DSM team has won significant awards including: interactive Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, PromaxBDA, Clios, Shortys and many more, and has been widely recognized as a trendsetter and leading voice in the field.
Manager, Digital Content, Digital and Social Media
The Manager on the HBO Digital Content & Marketing team works on a range of digital content projects connected to show campaigns. The work includes content development across platforms including but not limited to video, written editorial, podcasts, emerging technology, native advertising, and across social media. The manager will be the creative lead on projects of varying scope ranging from tentpole programming to mid-tier editorial support. Additionally, he or she will serve as a resource for the larger Digital Marketing team as the go-to subject matter expert on a show, and will assist the team in writing, reporting, interviewing, brainstorming, copy editing, and proofreading. Most importantly, this person will be tasked with bringing in new ideas and ways of thinking to the team, infusing a creative spirit to everything they do. The role reports directly to a Senior Manager of Digital Content, but will work extensively across the internal team and with external stakeholders.
Works as part of the HBO Digital Content & Marketing team by doing the following:
- Serve as the creative lead in content development across a range of show campaigns
- Maintain a strong awareness of digital trends and be able to present and share them
- Work closely across the internal team to bring in new approaches to content marketing
- Serve as a liaison between the Digital & Social Media team and the internal creative services video agency, ideating and facilitating compelling content that is on strategy
- Offer support in copyediting, proofreading, writing, editing, and brainstorming
- Conduct interviews and gather reporting/information as needed for projects
- Read scripts and provide coverage or creative points of view
- Manage the overall flow and day-to-day updates of assigned content projects
- Create briefs and be able to articulate creative thinking to rework documents and creative frameworks
- Collaborate with other Digital & Social Media teams, as well stakeholders inside and outside the company
GENERAL SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The ideal candidate has a strong background and varied experience in content creation and development in the digital space, an enthusiasm for entertainment and pop culture as well as a deep knowledge of HBO programming, and avidly follows digital trends and new technologies. He or she is a creative thinker and a strong writer with a clear, natural style and a sense of humor.
- 4+ years of content/editorial experience in the digital field, preferably with an eye towards video
- Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) and collaboration skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- A sound knowledge of the digital space, social media, emerging tech, voice, podcasts, and related technologies
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, accountable, enthusiastic, able to follow detailed instructions
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions and manage multiple projects successfully.
- Proficient in Google Docs, MS Office, KeyNote; well-versed in other tools and tricks of the trade
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.