We are looking for a Human Resources Manager to provide HR partnership to the Digital Products division of HBO. HBO's Digital Products division is co-located between our Seattle and New York offices, and is responsible for the technology stack that enables our customers to access HBO's programming wherever they are - on whatever device is at hand.
This role is based in Seattle and reports to the Director of Human Resources. This a great opportunity for someone who’s experienced with employee relations and performance management and is excited by the idea of working with a small local HR team to support the broad needs of a remote office. This role requires someone who can operate both strategically as well as tactically and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves to perform work at all levels.
HBO is a progressive company with great benefits and growth opportunities for talented individuals. Come support the team that’s working to make HBO the best online experience in the world.
- Facilitate Seattle new employee orientation and coordinate on-boarding with other departments as needed.
- Partner with various departments internally to coordinate and execute Seattle office events, including but not limited to charitable events, health and wellness events, employee training programs, employee engagement events and screenings, etc…
- Must be able to understand a technology organization from jobs performed to cultural norms.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and facilitation skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Self-starter who’s resourceful, extremely organized and detail-oriented.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written. Demonstrated experience and ability to communicate and implement complex policies, processes and programs within and across the company.
- Sound judgment, business acumen, influencing skills, and the experience and confidence to effectively address sensitive HR issues.
- Must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to effectively plan, prioritize, execute, and follow-up in a timely manner.
- Demonstrated competency with spreadsheet reporting and additional Microsoft programs is required. Knowledge of HR Database and Org Chart tools is highly preferred.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.