The Manager, Account Management will be an integral part of the distribution of HBO’s award-winning original programming; providing critical day-to-day management of the Warner Bros. distribution relationship. This position will report directly to the Director of Sales.
- Achieve target revenue goals for the U.S. Physical and TVOD business
- Proactively develop, implement, execute, and monitor annual business plans to drive revenue objectives and build the HBO brand at our key retail partners
- Manage biweekly status calls with Warner Bros. account teams to ensure we are meeting all key initiatives and developing plans to address gaps in each retail plan
- Manage the submission process for resets/monthly promotional activity at key retailers. Collaborate with cross functional teams to optimize selection and revenue
- Actively initiate new retailer promotions to grow existing and new business
- Coordinate in-store activity with .com elements of the business via wholesale distribution partners
- Evaluate POS data and review returns, provide insight to opportunities and issues that could drive revenue or mitigate returns
- Use sales evaluation to review assigned account sales goals and weigh against forecasts to rationalize budgets. Convey any recognized difference to Sales Director
- Conduct retail online and in-store audits as needed, assuring that positioning is executed as negotiated on all promotions
- Use retail audit results to develop and maintain a merchandising/advertising playbook to ensure we are optimizing our spend and profitability metrics are being met
- Collaborate with HBO Business Planning team on product and pricing recommendations, marketing, promotional opportunities, operations, and specific franchise plans.
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience. Account management is a must
- Exceptionally strong Excel skills. Proficiency in Power Point and Word
- Ability to create, foster, and maintain relationships across divisions within HBO, Warner Bros., and at Accounts
- Highly Analytical
- Strong prioritization, presentation and communication skills
- Detail Oriented
- Positive Attitude
- Comfortable with Travel (up to 20% travel required)
- Bachelor’s Degree required
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.