WHAT WE’RE DOING?
The Digital Social Media (DSM) team at HBO is growing as we evolve our marketing to keep up with changing consumer behaviors. Over the past decade, we’ve built an exceptional team with focus areas in digital & social marketing, production, design, media, analytics and customer lifecycle marketing. We impact the competitive space by focusing on fan engagement via social platforms, driving tune-in and marketing technology, emerging tech (AI, AR and VR experiences) and creating captivating consumer activations tied to our programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow us and love the stories we tell.
Our DSM team has won significant awards including: interactive Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, PromaxBDA, Clios, Shortys and many more.
Department – Consumer Marketing, Digital Social Media
Role – Manager
HBO is looking for a Manager, Digital and Social Media to support digital marketing efforts for the HBO brand. This candidate will help establish the marketing strategy, lead the day to day execution of digital marketing campaigns and social community management as part of the HBO Brand digital team. The candidate will be responsible for working with key HBO stakeholders including programming, media relations, corporate social responsibility, external partners, influencers and talent to ensure all digital promotions, content and media campaigns meet the highest quality delivery regardless of medium or platform.
A key position within the digital and social marketing team, this role reports to the Director, Digital and Social Media. The ideal candidate is a stellar team player with a proven ability to deliver across numerous digital platforms with a wide variety of stakeholders. S/he is hyper-enthusiastic, culturally literate and up-to-date on ever-evolving digital and social media trends. S/he is equally able to identify how HBO content translates perfectly into the digital and social space as well as which digital/social trends and analytics might be beneficial to the brand as a whole.
- Work with the Director, Digital & Social Media to establish a digital strategy and content plan to support the HBO brand across all consumer facing digital touchpoints (social, HBO.com, streaming)
- Lead the creative development process and execution of digital paid media campaigns across multiple platforms (including Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, Open Exchange, direct site partners)
- Proficiency with integrated brand marketing campaigns and brand health measurement within the digital and social landscape is a plus
- Provide timely analytics deliverables including sentiment reports and campaign and/or asset recaps to be shared with Marketing leadership
- Partner with series marketing teams to develop digital content extensions in support of linear programming
- Work cross functionally between brand and the larger HBO Digital team to generate/deliver multi-platform digital content that satisfies brand Digital Marketing strategies
- Successfully facilitate digital marketing promotions and collaborative efforts within the HBO DSM team, Program Advertising team, Media Relations, Affiliate Marketing team and other consumer facing HBO teams
- Lead development of brand social editorial calendars and communicate deliverable deadlines across agencies and internal stakeholders
- Lead the strategy and ongoing evolution of the HBO brand tone-of-voice across all social channels
- Lead content approvals with both internal (i.e. legal) and external (i.e. brand partners, talent, etc) stakeholders
- Work closely with platforms (Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat) and vendors (e.g. agencies) to identify opportunities for digital promotions
- Adhere to the highest level of quality assurance standards including 100% publication accuracy
- Take a lead role in digital content project management
- Ensure all factors that govern project success deliver within time, cost and quality parameters and manage/communicate risk throughout the process
- Manage a coordinator to effectively execute across campaigns
Extensive experience in the digital + social media space. A fluent understanding of web-based digital content, best practices and comprehensive ability to project manage content initiatives. Proven editorial and production experience. Candidate should have firm understanding of the trends powering today's innovative brands.
Other requirements as follows:
- 5+ years experience in digital/social media background including proven experience driving a major brand’s marketing campaigns
- Creative thinker with impeccable communication skills and team-management skills; can collaborate effectively and efficiently
- Proven marketing skills in all facets of brand/audience development
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure), accountable, enthusiastic
- Experience overseeing digital word-of-mouth campaigns and leading content generation efforts
- Ability to balance multiple, competing directions, identify and delegate tasks effectively and manage multiple projects successfully
- A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies. Able to explain it to others, advise on the best approach, develop plans for the completion of projects and execute based on them
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to deliver to budget
- Availability to work nights and weekend hours (some travel)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- We're serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
- We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
- We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
- We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.