The Media Software Engineering (MSE) team at HBO enables media workflows using creative and pragmatic technology solutions. We are a software engineering group that develops and supports applications and workflows that ingest media assets as they show up at our doors and run it through the media supply chain by processing, managing, transforming, and delivering the assets to all HBO affiliates and partners.
We are a fundamental part of HBO’s innovation and success and realizing our mission requires a staff of highly motivated and technically flexible software professionals across a variety of disciplines: design, development, program & project management, testing and support. We are hiring people to build a team that can create engaging, high-quality solutions, platforms, and interactive experiences.
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with the knowledge, motivation, and energy to help build robust solutions encompassing our entire media supply chain. In addition to a solid technical foundation, the successful candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Develop and maintain applications to meet the needs of our business partners and their domestic and international users.
- Work closely with our geographically distributed development and testing teams to deliver high quality and highly secure applications that provide an optimal user experience for our users.
- 4+ years of established track record implementing large-scale, high-quality software applications
- Strong communication skills and an ability to interact with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel
- Experience implementing scalable, distributed, and highly available systems on AWS
- Extensive experience implementing REST APIs in a microservice architecture
- Experience implementing message driven applications using AMQP or JMS
- Extensive hands-on experience developing Java 8 based Spring Boot applications
- Additional languages Node.js, Python, GOLang a plus
- Front-end experience with AngularJS or ReactJS
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Experience deploying and supporting containerized applications on AWS
- Knowledge of behavior-driven design and/or test driven design and design patterns
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD systems and tools Jenkins and GIT. Kibana or AppDynamics experience a plus
- Drive to master emerging technologies and share experience with team members
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Solid foundation in troubleshooting application and data issues in a distributed environment
- Ability to understand goals, strategies, and needs of the business as they relate to application development
- Ability to be a self-starter and to multitask
- Ability to fit into an agile development environment and create a positive influence
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical experience
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.