ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is for a staff engineer supporting our Media Network Engineering department. The engineer will support a wide range of Broadcast and Post Production systems. This position requires providing support for the 24x7x365 Broadcast facility consisting of a mixed IP and baseband transmission environment.
- Communicate with, understand and intelligently interface with various internal operating groups that include but are not limited to the Post Production, Broadcast Engineering and Operations, as well as various other technical and operating groups both internal and external.
- Identify and isolate network or signal flow problems, as well as install and configure complex post production video and audio processing systems
- Perform software and firmware version upgrades and configuration changes to operating systems and platforms
- Familiar with a range of Microsoft and Linux operating systems, VMware and StorNext.
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience supporting the IT infrastructure of 24x7x365 critical environments (e.g. health care or finance).
- Must have a current Microsoft certification and support experience with mission critical 24x7x365 systems.
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team. Willing to escalate problems to the team when additional support is needed and contribute when other team members need assistance.
- Strong understanding of IP routing concepts, Active Directory and DNS
- Previous experience managing a corporate environment using Active Directory
- Experience with audio and video editing and/or transmission systems including Evertz, Harmonic, Linear Acoustics, Crystal M&C systems, Avid and Adobe software would be a plus, but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Evertz Routers, Harris automation systems, Chyron character generator and Harmonic playout servers would be a significant plus but not required day one.
- Knowledge of Evertz Vistalink and Magnum configuration and operation would be a significant plus but not required day one.
- Ability to read and understand Visio or AutoCAD drawings and system schematics.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume to be considered
- Willingness to work in Hauppauge, NY
- Must be willing to work overtime, evenings and weekends as required to support special events.
- Must be able to work various hours and shifts as required in support of a 7 days by 24 hours by 365 days Broadcast and Post Production facility.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.