the VP of Production position includes the following:
- Oversees production of HBO Series, Movies and Mini-Series, along with Cinemax programming from inception through delivery.
- Supervises location searches for specific projects and creates production plans.
- Prepares script notes, production schedules, budgets and crew information for use within HBO and Cinemax as well as with outside producers and directors.
- Reviews budgets, call sheets, production reports, cost reports, dailies and final cuts of specific projects.
- Keeps open communication with production team to keep track of costs and creative aspects of each project.
- Works with production team to control budget and related production elements.
- Tracks up and coming talent and new technologies. Keeps up with changes in unions, guilds, locations, tax incentives,crew and equipment rates.
- Works closely with all HBO departments to keep production information flowing smoothly.
- Experience in creative problem solving, multi-tasking and continuously prioritizing work issues.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working as a freelance line producer or production executive.
- Has working knowledge of a variety of production formats including one hour drama, half hour single camera comedy, limited series, mini-series and 2 hour feature films.
- Proficient at Movie Magic Budgeting and Scheduling, Microsoft Excel, and Scenechronize
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.