HBO is looking for a Coordinator, Editorial Strategy & Digital Production to support content strategy and production efforts for the Digital and Social Media Marketing team; including Brand Social, Digital Media, and original programming. This candidate will help execute strategies set forth by the wider team, be immersed in the organization of processes, assist in ideating Brand campaigns, and write marketing copy for HBO’s owned platforms, including HBO.com, HBO NOW and HBO GO, Brand Social and email marketing campaigns.
This role will report to the Manager, Editorial Strategy & Digital Production. The ideal candidate is an HBO fan and a deadline-oriented team player. They actively read entertainment industry news and have their finger on the pulse of the ever-changing media landscape. They are dynamic and flexible in a fast-paced environment, comfortable shifting gears on short notice, and are a skilled writer who is able to deliver effective, accurate copy, quickly.
- Work with the Manager, Editorial Strategy & Digital Production to help execute daily editorial updates and marketing stunts across HBO.com, HBO NOW, HBO GO and email marketing.
- Manage the team’s editorial calendar, based on initiatives that involve current and upcoming programming and internal brand priorities.
- Ideate alongside the Manager and DSM producers to help strategize editorial based on programming priorities, current events, as well as data and analytics reporting.
- Contribute to platform stunts across web, streaming, Brand Social and email marketing editorial to support original programming and theatrical acquisitions.
- Write timely news pieces based on programming announcements and updates.
- Adhere to the highest level of quality assurance standards for publication.
The candidate must have experience working in an editorial environment and general understanding of web-based digital content. Previous experience at a news outlet is a plus.
Other requirements as follows:
- Familiar with the functionality of a Content Management System (CMS). Knowledge of Adobe Editor and/or Adobe Analytics is a plus.
- Strong writer who can comfortably adapt to various cadences, tones, and nuances.
- Creative thinker with strong communication skills who can collaborate efficiently.
- Proactive, enthusiastic, organized, and detail-oriented.
- Tenacious about bringing open items to closure on tight deadlines.
- Availability to occasionally work nights and weekends.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Communications, Marketing, or Journalism.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.