HBO is looking for a dynamic Human Resources professional to support the Human Resources ER team on all issues related to employee relations, performance management, organizational design, leadership development, compensation administration and retention. Responsible for delivery of high caliber service and solutions that reflect the business objectives of HBO across a broad group of clients.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support team with various types of employee relations matters and develop solutions in collaboration with manager focused on: providing counsel on performance management issues (coaching, counseling, disciplinary actions, terminations and performance feedback), career development, conflict management, organizational design and leadership development
- Participate in internal investigations as needed and conduct intake on employee issues and concerns
- Support and direct promotions, salary adjustments, headcount planning, and terminations
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Foster close partnership and collaboration with all HR partners: Talent Acquisition, Compensation, Benefits, Organizational Effectiveness and HRIS teams
- Comprehensive understanding of HBO’s business, culture, and position in the marketplace
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years progressive human resources experience
- Ability to build relationships at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to plan, prioritize, execute, and follow-up in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Self-starter; results-oriented; ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Solid PC skills with proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Workday preferred but not required
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.