The Budget Coordinator will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to the Consumer Marketing Budget Team in invoice processing, vendor management and actualizing budgets. The Budget Coordinator will also assist the Budget team in maintaining, tracking and forecasting spend and with ad-hoc requests including preparing summary schedules for management. The Budget Coordinator’s role will require interaction with members of the Consumer Marketing team as well as other HBO Operating groups including Corporate Finance, A/P, Legal and other business partners.
- Process invoices, including following up on approvals and required backup documentation (EPRs)
- Assist with media agency invoices and enter commitments for media plans (Hearts & Sciences invoices)
- Assist with staff spend analyses
- Enter commitments for Account Management budgets, process invoices and actualize periodically
- Reconcile actuals to budget using Budgeting and Commitment Tool (BCT)
- Process timecards
- Run and format reports (BCT)
- Assist team with ad-hoc projects as assigned
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and comfortable with learning new Oracle based computer programs
- Basic accounting knowledge including chart of accounts, general ledger, reporting
- Prior experience with bill and invoice processing
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must be detail oriented
- 1-2 years of prior work experience
- Strong computer skills using Excel
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.