HBO is looking for a Manager, Post Production Picture (Colorist). The ideal candidate is a self-motivated individual who can work independently, can multi-task, and has excellent organizational skills. In addition, this person should have the techniques to detect and solve technical and workflow issues that arise throughout the finishing process. The position also involves frequent communication with the Company’s staff and clients, so a good candidate will have an approachable and friendly demeanor and will be able to explain technical information to non-technical users. Finally, the ideal candidate must be committed to quality and have a passion for new technologies.
- Oversee all Picture finishing, this includes color correction, online editing, VFX drop-in, and picture media management for internal projects as well as archival restorations. In this position the applicant will also run final review sessions with in-house executives, outside post production staff and show runners.
- Marketing and Creative Services
- Internal Training Material
- Archival Remastering
- HDR conversions
- Internal Documentaries
- Special Original Programming
- Undergraduate degree in Media Arts or similar field
- Applicants should have a minimum 5-7 years of experience in a similar role
- The applicant should be an expert user of DaVinci Resolve with the ability to train others on the correct use of the systems and best practices for all stages of pictures finishing
- An understanding of restoration best practices and techniques is a plus
- Familiarity with LiveGrain and OpenFX is a plus
- The Applicant should be familiar with the following tools and processes:
- DaVinci Resolve
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe Premiere
- Avid Media Composer
- Film Based Workflows
- Digital Camera Workflows
- Preferred experience with Digital Vision Nucoda / Phoenix, PF Clean, Nuke
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.