The person filling this position will be a primary software engineer developing digital media workflow and automation solutions supporting Warner Media’s content ingestion and media supply chain fulfillment pipeline along with the development of a unified request portal across multiple Warner Media Entertainment brands.
- Design and develop software solutions for digital media workflow and automation solutions
- Create software automation solutions that analyze and qualify digital media assets received from outside studios and post-production facilities against industry standards and Warner Media specifications
- Integrate third-party media asset management solutions with other systems in digital media production workflows
- Integrate HBO business systems with media production workflows and pipelines
- Assist the group’s Technical Manager in developing level-of-effort estimates
- Create and maintain project technical documentation
- Interface with the technical staff of third-party software and systems vendors
- Provide mentoring of junior technical staff
- Provide support to post-production and editorial staff, with occasional 24/7 availability rotating among other group members
- 3+ years of Java language development experience
- 3+ years of scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
- Experience implementing SOA-based architectures with REST and SOAP web services
- Experience implementing solutions using JMS
- Experience with JDBC/ORM, Oracle RDBMS and NoSQL
- Knowledge of digital media production pipelines and workflows
- Experience with cloud based technologies
- Experience with BPM and workflow frameworks such jBPM or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with all levels of technical and non‑technical staff
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.