You will be responsible for the technologies and tools necessary to generate and configure a reference design for a new branded application on Digital Products UX Framework (Hadron).
- Continually improve and enforce code and design standards for the engineering department.
- Apply your technical acumen daily. You don’t code full time but you love reading the code, design docs and collaborating on software architectures.
- Collaborate with product owners, designers, sr engineers and management on the Engineering roadmap.
- Work with technical project managers to track progress and ensure goals are being met.
- Present, communicate and advocate engineering perspectives as appropriate and needed
- Collaborate in recruiting, resume review, phone screening, and interviews to bring in top-tier talent for the team.
- Monitor, review and coach individual's performance; deliver regular performance appraisals and provide disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Support the professional goals of the engineering team members and provide coaching ( develop and motivate staff members, create appropriately challenging projects for team members, internal development opportunities, mentoring, one-on-one)
- Develop Team Cohesion – be able to bring people together and instill a high sense of pride in the team’s accomplishments.
- Drive to results both on your team as well as with any outside dependencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- A proven track record of building and launching successful, consumer-facing software products, including 7+ years of technical experience as a software developer
- Minimum 3 years managing, coaching, and mentoring engineers or technical roles
- Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
- Masters Degree in complementary fields such as System Engineering or Business Administration
- Experience with mission critical 24x7 operations for consumer-facing applications/software systems
- Experience with various project management practices; Agile Scrum, Kaban, Spiral Development or TDD
- Experience developing and deploying software on multiple operating systems.
- Experience with UI Frameworks such as XAML, WPF, REACT, Angular, Silverlight, Win32, Xamarin, or similar.
- Experience with the delivery of software libraries for public consumption
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.