Turner is a division of WarnerMedia along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros., delivering brands like CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
As trusted business advisors, the Accounting Business Services organization operates as a functionally aligned shared services center responsible for the end-to-end transactional financial operations across Turner's domestic businesses.
The organization is comprised of Operations & Personnel Services, Revenue Services, Order to Cash, and Procure to Pay. Accounting Business Services further supports the Finance & Accounting mission to be collaborative business partners to our colleagues for the benefit of our stakeholders. Specific group overview: General & Administrative (G&A) expenses.
The G&A team falls under Operations & Personnel Services in the Accounting Business Services organization. G&A team responsibilities include, but are not limited to: accounting for Direct Operating and G&A expenses for multiple domestic and international segments. The G&A team performs inter-company accounting and reporting between Turner and other Time Warner divisions. Additional responsibilities may include F/X re-measurement.
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting activities of the team
- Lead the team in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process
- Review complex entries and supporting documentation
- Evaluate the completeness and accuracy of analyses and understand the financial impact
- Review and communicate detailed variance analyses to upper management
- Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Lead special projects and proactively develop accurate ad hoc analyses for management to make informed decisions
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and all transactions are recorded timely and accurately in accordance with GAAP and established SOX requirements and procedures
- Build, foster, and maintain good working relationships with members of the Accounting Business Services organization and stakeholders
- 4-year degree in Accounting or Finance
- Masters degree and/or CPA is preferred
- 5+ years in relevant accounting experience (industry or public)
- 2+ years of experience in leading teams and/or projects
- Advanced analytical and Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate key information
- Self-motivated and able to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines
- Initiative and willingness to take on additional responsibilities
- High emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, data analysis, and process innovation
- Detail-oriented and high energy
- Unceasing curiosity and the courage to challenge the status quo
- Blend of both public and industry experience
- Sox and internal audit experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- PeopleSoft Financials, Hyperion, or any ERP systems
- Media industry
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.