The VP, Production will oversee multiple HBO shows in a high level executive capacity
- Oversee multiple HBO shows in a high level executive capacity
- Determine post production requirements for each project in terms of visual effects, sound, picture, staffing and overall approach to each project
- Develop and monitor post production budgets and schedules, and may also prepare various scenarios for how to approach the work on each project
- Builds and maintains relationships with producers, directors and production companies to ensure a steady flow of communication
- Works well as a member of a team both on each project and within the company. Collaboration with other HBO departments such as production, creative, finance, legal, business affairs, media relations and technology is very important
- A proven leader in setting direction for, and achieving objectives in relation to management of Post Production process
- Would consider someone based either in Los Angeles or New York
- Must be willing to travel
- 10 plus years of post production experience
- Good communication and organization skills are a must along with a deep knowledge of post production
- Has strong relationships with post production crew and vendors in Los Angeles, New York and if possible London and Canada
- Has worked as a post producer on high end shows and films would be ideal and / or has worked as an executive and has over seen multiple projects from the studio perspective
- Visual effects experience or post vendor experience will also be considered either exclusively or in tandem with one of the above
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.