An effective candidate will be an imaginative problem-solver, enthusiastic, resilient in an environment of fast-paced change, highly collaborative, and works smart. This position requires travel currently estimated at 60% and will be based out of the New York City office.
- Serve as Brand Ambassador by educating and incentivizing Distributor customer contact personnel and leadership to positively impact HBO and Cinemax sales and revenue in the hospitality space
- Work closely with the Account Manager to identify and enhance new distribution opportunities and meet annual goals
- Accountable for development, leadership, fulfillment and hosting of affiliate special events and incentives
- Create and maintain excellent relationships with key contacts and decision makers with the goal of securing launch activity, current distribution and prominent positioning
- Attend key industry trade shows and manage HBO/Cinemax brand presence
- Develop distribution reports and provide regular updates on financial and subscriber impact
- Assist team with managing the budget for individual accounts
- Gather field intelligence and communicate internally in order to stay ahead of a constantly changing market
- Prepare/Present sales presentations to affiliates
- Assist in the development of marketing materials for the department including sales sheets, ads, digital assets, incentives, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Travel currently estimated at 60%
- 3-6 years of relevant sales/business experience; understanding of the telecommunications and new media environment. Understanding of the hospitality market is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and relationship skills
- Excellent strategic capability
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proficient with various computer applications, including Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Word and Salesforce
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.