This position is in the Media Relations department working with Sports Programming.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- First level media relations contact for HBO Sports programming.
- Fulfill media requests; book talent interviews; assemble press kits & materials.
- Assist in managing special event activities such as screenings, premieres and press conferences.
- Arrange for media conference calls; track press hits.
- Conduct Research for upcoming HBO Sports programming initiatives.
- Assist with departmental policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years related experience media, PR or communications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Appetite for working on cutting edge programming that requires out-of-the-box thinking.
- Strong knowledge of sports media required; frequently visit websites such as Bleacher Report, The Ringer, The Athletic, Uninterrupted, ESPN.com; a sports radio listener; tech savvy.
- Well organized and resourceful self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle several projects simultaneously while keeping up in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.