The Supplemental (Long Term Temporary) HR Associate is responsible for aspects of the internship program, office events, coordinating staff training classes, employee engagement, communications and a broad range of departmental coordination and support. The role will be for up to 6 months.
- Oversee annual internship program (summer & fall) with coordination of speaker series, intern project and supervision of interns
- Coordinate staff training classes with internal and external offerings, track RSVP’s and handle conference room set-up and breakdown
- Manage various staff events/programs from start to finish and coordinate LA & NY executive speakers/sessions
- Supervise Employee Resource Groups (ERG) and manage group logistics/events
- Facilitate daily LA office email communications to staff
- Handle all verbal employment verifications
- Supervise office-wide digitization project and act as a liaison with NY office
- 3-5 years working in an HR department in the entertainment industry is preferred
- Successful candidate will be a self-starter who takes initiative and is extremely resourceful
- Must be able work independently, have a pleasant and outgoing personality and excellent phone etiquette
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, communication and writing skills required
- Must be approachable, detail oriented and possess excellent follow-through
- Extremely flexible, highly organized and able to effectively shift priorities
- Computer savvy and have experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) including knowledge of basic Excel formulas and spreadsheets
- Must be able to work well under pressure, manage time and meet deadlines
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.