The Manager of Production Support will report into the Director of Engineering and will be responsible for the maintenance of facility wide video and audio production systems. S/He will manage a team of maintenance technicians that will provide L1/L2 support for a rapidly growing technical footprint that includes, but is not limited to:
S/He will be responsible for designating subordinate staff to support tasks as well as assignments that contribute to departmental projects. S/He will manage and prioritize work based on urgency for business continuity.
- Managing a team of Maintenance Technicians
- Manage and prioritize multiple work streams
- Generate daily reports of outstanding issues and drive to closure
- Monitor systems functionalities and health
- Manage vendor support engagements
- Work, prioritize and manage ticket resolutions
- Effectively communicate project and issue status with stakeholders, both external and internal.
- Identify maintenance/support process breaking points and implement solutions
- BS in Broadcast Engineering or equivalent experience level (minimum 10 years).
- Minimum 7 years’ prior experience supporting non-linear media centric systems
- Minimum of 4 years managing people and technology projects
- Strong undertsanding in but not limited to:
- Broadcast engineering / post production engineering principles, monitoring and analysis.
- VMware ESXi, VSphere and VMware Horizon
- SDVN video routing using Evertz
- Avid ISIS, Avid Interplay, Media Central, ProTools, Oracle, and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- File based ingest workflows using Content Agent, Vantage and Amberfin
- Must have a firm understanding of all current video and audio formats utilized in broadcast and new file based media.
- Understanding of 4K and HDR workflows
- networking concepts (IP, routing. Subnets etc..)
- Fluent in supporting Windows/Unix/Linux and Mac OS based systems.
- Individual should possess and have demonstrated good leadership skills including coaching and mentoring, leadership by example and ability to multi task.
- Candidates must possess excellent written/verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills. Experience creating documentation using MS Office and Visio to communicate, charts and status reporting.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to changing requirements and schedules, work independently with minimal supervision. Strong interpersonal skills and adeptness at building relationships with all technical and operational areas across HBO.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.