The Digital Social Media (DSM) team at HBO is growing as we evolve our marketing to keep up with changing consumer behaviors. Over the past decade, we’ve built an exceptional team with focus areas in digital & social marketing, production, design, media, analytics and customer lifecycle marketing. We impact the competitive space by focusing on fan engagement via social platforms, driving tune-in and marketing technology, emerging tech (AI, AR and VR experiences) and creating captivating consumer activations tied to our programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow us and love the stories we tell. Our DSM team has won significant awards including: interactive Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, PromaxBDA, Clios, Shortys and many more.
HBO is looking for a Coordinator who will support the Digital Marketing & Content team with digital & social media marketing efforts for HBO Original Programming, including campaign strategy, paid media, community management, content ideation and influencer outreach. The Coordinator will follow the Vice President, Director, Manager and Associate Manager’s leads to ensure all marketing campaign milestones are met, evaluated and performed successfully.
The ideal candidate follows the latest digital and social media trends and has a deep understanding of the advertising/marketing landscape, as well as social media best practices. Additionally, they possess the ability to create compelling content, and develop strategies to generate conversation and engagement across various social and digital platforms.
- Assisting with new launches and day-to-day content sharing and community management for various HBO digital and social platforms
- Overseeing the creation and distribution of assets to support paid digital media campaigns
- Inputting into marketing presentations and other campaign materials
- Working in tandem with the Content, Production and Design teams to assist in all pillars of a campaign or activation.
- Developing insights-based reporting to inform best practices for engaging fans moving forward
- Keeping a pulse on industry updates and competitor campaigns for a better understanding of overall digital and social landscape
- Identifying relevant tastemakers and engagement tactics for various influencer initiatives
- Supporting the implementation of paid, owned and earned tactics surrounding key asset releases and activations
- Being available to help with live social coverage for special events
- Providing support for administrative tasks, such as note taking, contest fulfillment, when necessary
- At least 1-2 years relevant digital marketing experience, preferably in the media/entertainment industry.
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, accountable, enthusiastic, and able to follow detailed instructions from the marketing Team
- Ability to balance multiple programming priorities and manage multiple campaigns successfully.
- Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) and influence-management skills essential; can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
- A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Google Drive/Docs, Slack, MS Office, MS Word and MS Excel.
What we look for in candidates: passion, curiosity, business acumen, strong story-telling abilities, strong work ethic, innovative thinking, cultural literacy, emotional intelligence and positive energy
- We're serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
- We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
- We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
- We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers
Benefits/perks: comprehensive health + wellness plans, generous matching 401K, cable reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, on-site fitness center, on-site health center, on-site cafeteria advanced employee screenings.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.