The Post Delivery Planning & Operations Unit is responsible for the timely delivery of program elements from HBO production units for both distribution to foreign and domestic ancillary markets and ultimately for long-term preservation.
- Work closely with HBO West Coast Post Executives as well as outside producers and show personnel to ensure digital, video, audio and paper elements are delivered as required, both in a timely and technically-specific manner. This includes helping to plan for the successful delivery of programs and program elements including developing a workflow plan from acquisition to post production and through final delivery. Furthermore, must have strong post production knowledge, problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills for various issues that may arise.
- Supervise the creation of music and effects mixes for films, series and miniseries projects which are used for International distribution, ancillary markets and long term preservation. Must have prior knowledge of Post Production, audio workflow and processes. Create and maintain delivery worksheets. Attend pertinent meetings relating to LTO deliverables.
- Be responsible for creating various film, video and audio elements to be used for ancillary markets. The delivery of these elements must meet exact technical specifications as well as strict deadlines.
- Be required to work on multiple projects simultaneously. Will create and complete detailed tracking and delivery spreadsheets in order to ensure elements are created and delivered correctly, deadlines are met, and HBO assets are returned for proper archival storage.
- Responsible for creating budgets, issuing purchase orders, negotiating vendor rates, reviewing invoices, analyzing spending, keeping database records up to date, generating reports and keeping abreast of new technologies that affect the post production workflow.
- Work with Archiving staff to locate, prepare, create and track necessary elements for Domestic TV syndication, airline, or other alternate versions of programs as needed.
- Effectively communicate and serve as liaison between various groups within the Company (HBO Enterprises, International Versioning, Programming Technical Services and HBO Entertainment) as well as groups external to the Company (post production vendors, editorial staff, etc.)
- Minimum 8 years post production experience, 4 of which must be in a supervisory capacity.
- The ideal candidate should have actual experience in the field, managing editorial and sound editorial processes for films and series.
- Candidate must also have strong team leadership skills and be able to guide production personnel through the delivery requirements process.
- Must possess extensive working knowledge of: digital, video, audio and film elements, current and emerging post production workflows/technologies, network and broadcast delivery and quality control requirements
- Must be able to communicate in technical terms with vendors and post production specialists, including but not limited to mixers, editors, and producers.
- Must be detail-oriented and be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and cope with ever-changing production schedules and delivery deadlines.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.