The Senior Photo Producer oversees all visual needs of the company on assigned projects which may include: HBO & Cinemax Original Series, Films, Sports, Documentaries, Comedy, and Music Specials. Position supports the Program Advertising, Publicity, Digital media platforms (HBO.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW) and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram), Licensing, Retail and International departments for Unit and Gallery Photography. Position reports to the Director of Digital Photo Services.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the hiring and scheduling of unit photographers on HBO & Cinemax Original Series, Films, Sports, Documentaries, and special events.
- Vetting photographers through programmers and show runners, reading scripts/one line schedules, determining days of coverage, putting forward a budget prior to shooting and gaining all appropriate planning and sign-off.
- Edit a high volume of photography keeping in mind the diverse requirements of the company while staying current with editing shows as they are being delivered.
- Must exhibit a thorough understanding of visual needs across all platforms including: Marketing, Digital, Social Media, Media Relations/publicity, International, HBO.com, HBO Go, HBO NOW, and merchandising/Home Entertainment.
- The Producer interfaces with talent and publicists on the photo approval process and post-production/retouching to ensure the visual needs of the company are exceeded with quality imagery.
- Handle the metadata and tagging for all their shows that go into HBO’s digital asset management system.
- Work closely across Legal, Media Relations, Business Affairs and Marketing to ensure access to digital imagery.
- Primary contact with show runners on the production of all Gallery and advertising shoots to include such details as: scheduling talent, negotiating rates/hiring crew, securing locations, and casting.
- Accountable for tracking and maintaining the production budget.
- Partnering with the Program Advertising Department and selected advertising agencies on the execution of key art, Gallery, teaser campaigns, character campaigns, and trade ads.
- Run-point on all facets of the photo production process, researching photographers, portfolio presentations to Marketing executives, facilitating concept pitches, and negotiating fees/contracts.
- Minimum 7-10 years on set shoot production experience (Domestic and International).
- Minimum 7-10 years photo editing experience.
- Strong Organizational experience, with the ability to project manage multiple shows, project phases and resources simultaneously.
- Candidate has innate ability to handle up to 8-12 shows per year
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Extensive knowledge of unit and gallery photographers (Domestic and International).
- Working knowledge of online photo editing platforms such as DF Studio.
- Ability to work seamlessly with digital asset management and collaboration tools and processes, staying current with workflows and how tools aid these processes.
- Liaison with Legal on contracts for photographers, (Unit and Gallery) inclusive of all term negotiations and deal points
- Work with Marketing and Legal on signature of deal memos for Agencies for Gallery Shoots
- Liaison with Business Affairs on credit obligations and have ability to interpret talent obligations for photo approvals
- Strong knowledge of acquisitions deals or licensing agreements for co-productions or acquired programming
- Strong knowledge with digital photography and metadata standards.
- Proficient with Local 600 Union rules and guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel, Photoshop and Photo Mechanic
- Must be extremely well organized. To be successful in this role, you must be able to execute on multiple projects at once.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.