Looking for a dynamic, self-motivated marketing professional to join our team of culture experts. The Multicultural Marketing team at HBO is responsible for placing our programming and brand in a cultural context. Our culture-first approach requires an individual with an appetite for discovering and engaging with emerging cultures, subcultures, and cultural influencers. We’re looking for someone who is naturally inquisitive and has a keen interest in what shapes and defines culture across a spectrum of communities.
This position reports directly into the Director of Multicultural Marketing and supports HBO’s LGBTQ+ marketing efforts by devising new, innovative, and engaging ways to reach the LGBTQ+ audience, both in support of HBO programming and as an ongoing evergreen effort.
- Monitor key audience and industry trends, as well as competitor activity – being prepared to provide regular updates and formulate a POV.
- Develop recommendations for innovative engagement tactics, emerging partners, and culture influencers.
- Assist with managing multiple external agencies in the development of experiential and high-impact promotions – including writing creative briefs, providing feedback, managing timelines and budgets.
- Act as liaison to internal departments (Creative Services, Legal/Business Affairs, Digital and Social Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Corporate Communications) to help circulate key information and ensure all promotional plans are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Support creative development for all advertising/promotional campaigns and coordinate delivery of assets with the in-house and external production teams.
- Traffic contracts and vendor service agreements to Legal/Business Affairs to secure approval on all rights and clearance issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day budget maintenance and awareness including but not limited to invoice submission, tracking and reporting.
- Inventory and track department premium and production storage.
- Provide administrative support for department Directors and Managers including (but not limited to) coordinating travel, submitting expenses, and managing calendars. Administrative support will extend to marketing activations on a campaign-by-campaign basis.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 4 years marketing experience, preferably at a media or entertainment company or experiential marketing agency
- Knowledge of linear and streaming entertainment landscape, as well as digital and social media space.
- Proven ability to think strategically and creatively
- Strong initiative and ability to function independently
- Solid creative judgment and familiarity developing materials across all forms of media
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Willingness to travel as needed
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.