The Photo Editor will assist with editing and coordinating Unit photography on assigned projects which may include: HBO & Cinemax Original Series, Films, Sports, Documentaries, Comedy, and Music Specials. Imagery supports Publicity, Digital media platforms (HBO.com, HBO GO, HBO NOW) and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram), Licensing, Retail and International departments for Unit and Gallery Photography. Position reports to the Director of Digital Photo Services
Please note that this is a fixed term position (3 - 4 months with benefits)
- Work with producers to help hire unit photographers on HBO & Cinemax Original Series, Films, Sports, Documentaries, and special events.
- Read scripts/one line schedules, determine days of coverage, and help with budget prior to shooting.
- Edit a high volume of photography keeping in mind the diverse requirements of the company while staying current with editing shows as they are being delivered.
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of visual needs across all platforms including: Marketing, Digital, Social Media, Media Relations/publicity, International, HBO.com, HBO Go, HBO NOW, and merchandising/Home Entertainment. Handle the metadata and tagging for all their shows that go into HBO’s digital asset management system. If requested, work closely across Legal, Media Relations, Business Affairs and Marketing to ensure access to digital imagery. Assist with photo production process.
- Minimum 5-7 years photo editing experience.
- Strong Organizational experience
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines while working on several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of unit and gallery photographers (Domestic and International).
- Working knowledge of online photo editing platforms such as DF Studio.
- Ability to work seamlessly with digital asset management and collaboration tools and processes
- Strong knowledge with digital photography and metadata standards.
- Understanding of Local 600 Union rules and guidelines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word/Excel, Photoshop and Photo Mechanic
- Must be extremely well organized. To be successful in this role, you must be able to execute on multiple projects at once.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.