Responsible for developing system and network designs for on-premise hardware and network installations. Applies the necessary tools and engineering principles to create and design the network and hardware infrastructure to meet required workloads. Operates the infrastructure to maintain customer SLAs.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implements and supports networks and systems to ensure proper execution of loads and provides resolution for system failures or degradations. May need to operate an on-call rotation for mission-critical workloads.
- Collaborates with product development and engineering teams to author documentation, methods, procedures, and guidelines for current network planning, capacity management, and network builds.
- Coordinates and interfaces with internal and external customers to ensure service commitments are met. Uses engineering tools, various software applications, and databases to assist in creating the engineering documents.
- Designs and helps fabricate any specialty mounting, cooling, and cabling solutions required to keep non-standard equipment running safely as required.
- Prepares / oversees cost/benefit estimates, presentations, negotiations, installation, problem resolution, and multivendor product integration as required.
- Provides project management and documentation as required.
- 5+ years of experience managing IT equipment, including physical installation and ongoing maintenance of servers, applications, operating systems and devices. Experience in Mac OS and Windows required, Linux or BSD preferred.
- 5+ years of managing networking or telecom equipment, including racking and mounting hardware, running and termination of both copper and fiber cabling. Experience administering Cisco networking equipment, including Core switches.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Engineering, Network Engineering or similar fields.
- Managing large inventories of equipment and hardware.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.