This position reports to the Director of Domestic Network Distribution (DND) and supports the Hotel and Bulk Markets account team. The Associate Manager of Bulk Markets oversees budget and operational functions, including but not limited to managing hotel property/distributor incentive and rebate programs, updating the property contacts and distributor database and producing regular reports and analyses. This position requires daily interaction with Hotel/Bulk customers, HBO distributors, DND team members and other HBO departments.
- Manage the day-to-day responsibilities of the Bulk Markets processing team and oversee processing of incentives and Bulk Markets Outlook inboxes
- Collaborate with hotel/bulk property contacts and distributors to verify active properties and review incentive submissions
- Process, approve and track rebate/incentive payments
- Manage and reconcile a database of active and prospective hotel and bulk properties
- Formulate recommendations and modify processes for greater operating efficiency
- Produce reports and analyses for HBO leadership and Bulk Markets Team to inform strategic actions
- Train new staff on incentive processing and property database
- Collaborate with internal teams such as Finance and Distribution Strategy and Operations
- Assist with Bulk Markets team budget
- Stay up-to-date on HBO distribution strategies and hotel/bulk market trends
- College degree required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience, preferably within a distribution/sales/finance department, or comparable setting
- Highly motivated and confident self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- High-level attention to detail and capable of managing multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines
- Superb organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong Excel skills; Proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and CRM software
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strategic thinking ability
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Adept at project and time management
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.