The VP, Network Architecture & Operations is responsible for defining the strategic direction, roadmap, and architectural design of Warner Bros.’ global enterprise network, which includes wide-area networks, data center networks, content production related networks, cloud based networks, and campus/corporate networks. In this role, you will also be responsible for all aspects of network operations for the global network and ensuring that the company’s workforce and applications are able to successfully – and securely – leverage the network. The ideal candidate must be able to effectively interface with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders, vendors, and suppliers in the current network and infrastructure operations/support landscape and successfully enact and manage change in the status quo.
The success of this role will ultimately be defined by the ability to provide thought leadership, architectural guidance, and business and technical agility to our enterprise network, all while providing the day to day operational excellence that is required and meeting (or exceeding) future network related business needs.
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of network and infrastructure engineers/administrators that provide day to day operational support of the network and core infrastructure. Serve as WB’s primary resource and subject matter expert for all network topics and issues. Serves as WB’s representative to industry, corporate and cross-divisional network activities and responsibilities.
- Design network architecture based on customer and/or business requirements, perform lead function in multiple platform network integration projects and major network strategy development and deployment. Perform complex design, research and development of LAN/WAN solutions for the Enterprise/Production networks including routers, site-to-site connectivity, remote access, data and voice convergence, load balancing, wireless and Internet/Intranet access. Lead the network security architecture and deployment activities and lead the IP backbone architecture, ISP selection, IP address space(s).
- Own incident resolution including the performance of post-mortem and root cause analyses following issues or outages. Provides frequent communication with stakeholders during and after incidents.
- Oversee planning by analyzing business and/or customer requirements for facility locations, circuit availability, and subscriber concentration; studying system usage for switching, transmission, cable, and building facilities and long-range requirements; analyzing trends in technology. Update network by developing designs and modifications; scheduling and coordinating activities; testing and evaluating results.
- Define the roadmap to upgrade and/or replace functionality or technology platforms, inclusive of business direction, project plans, timelines, risks, costs, and impact to the business. Work closely with WB Technology executives, as well as business unit executives, project sponsors and 3rd parties to integrate plans and define the roadmap.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of materials associated with the network architecture and design, and education of its beneficiaries. Perform design reviews and produce compliance reports periodically and/or as mandated.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree. Flexible on subject matter (Work Experience supersedes).
- Network architecture/engineering relevant certifications, such as Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert, Cisco Certified Architect, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Juniper Networks Certification Program, Palo Alto Certified Network Security Engineer, etc. preferred.
- A proven track record of designing, implementing, operating, and securing large-scale, high-availability company/campus, and cloud-data center hybrid networks.
- 15+ years experience managing technical teams, including experience managing third party contractors/vendors.
- 15+ years as a Network Engineer or supporting Network Operations in an enterprise environment.
- 15+ years with Cisco, Juniper, and/or Palo Alto Networking Technologies, including firewalls, routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and Wifi related products.
- Demonstrated experience with modern network topologies and technologies, such as software defined networking (SDN) concepts and implementations.
- Demonstrated experience gathering wide ranging business requirements and defining and maintaining roadmaps.
- Demonstrated experience with corporate IT technologies, such as Active Directory, email services/protocols, DNS, DHCP, fileshares (SMB, NFS), etc.
- Proven ability to execute projects in an agile manner; strong project management experience.
- Past experience managing large and complex budgets and creatively leveraging financial resources to maximize benefits.
- Experience with public cloud platforms, such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Strong knowledge of Cisco, Juniper, and/or Palo Alto firewalls, routers, switches, VPN concentrators, and wireless technologies.
- Expert in Network Design in (LAN, WAN), TCP/IP and Switching and Routing technologies (MPLS, BGP, OSPF, etc.).
- Expert level knowledge of load balancing technologies and topologies.
- Executive level written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership and mentorship abilities; demonstrated ability to effectively lead technical teams.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to build consensus for new concepts and techniques (where benefits may not be immediately realized by contributors) by clearly sharing vision and direction.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong documentation skills and ability to accurately maintain complex architectural diagrams.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.