The HBO Digital Associate Producer (freelance) supports the Digital Production Team to help manage all aspects of digital content and marketing for HBO Original Programming, including implementing strategy, adhering to the publishing processes, scope development, project scheduling and management, status reporting, and stakeholder management. The Digital Associate Producer administers and publishes content to HBO digital platforms, and follows the Producer's lead to ensure all factors that govern the project deliver within time, cost and quality parameters. Scope of programming spans scripted series, documentaries, docu-series and specials, including a fairly significant amount of sports titles.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist in producing and maintaining HBO Digital and Social Media Original Programming digital content and experiences. Successfully manage each project by:
- Publishing content with 100 percent accuracy across all platforms, including HBO.com, Cinemax.com, YouTube, email, microsites and beyond
- Collaborating with our HBO Digital Content, Social Marketing and Design teams -- along with various other internal HBO stakeholders -- to guarantee project success
- Liaising with external partners to obtain/share materials, publishing plans, project updates, etc.
- Scheduling, attending and maintaining notes for weekly meetings for assigned projects
- Creating and communicating project statuses; documenting each stage of development
- Identifying/mitigating risk, including liaising with HBO legal for content approvals and usage guidelines. In addition, obtaining other internal and external approvals.
- Reviewing all deliverables for quality assurance.
- Assisting in the discussion to improve content promotion based on analytics, trends, etc.
- Acquiring site/project-related assets, including URLs and social profiles.
- Helping to produce events; working with vendors, agencies and other partners to manage related projects and activativations.
- Occasional off-site event coverage, potentially requiring travel and night/weekend hours
The ideal candidate follows the latest digital trends and has an understanding of digital and social marketing best practices, including emerging technologies. Candidates should possess the following:
- Experience producing high-quality interactive experiences and websites with at least two (2) years of relevant digital content development or digital production experience. Mobile app development and production knowledge a plus.
- A background in project management, ideally focused on digital content and/or interactive experiences. Knowledge of project management software a plus (e.g. Asana, Trello, etc).
- Professional, proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, unassailable focus on the basics, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items/projects to closure), accountable, enthusiastic, able to follow detailed instructions from Producer team.
- Able to interpret how best to employ digital tools as a means to translate on-air storylines into rich, vivid interactive experiences.
- Skilled at prioritizing projects and tasks; capable of balancing multiple (sometimes competing) directions and manage multiple projects successfully.
- A track record of developing and maintaining strong working relationships with and among a diverse group of stakeholders. Moreover, a team player who approaches the role with a positive, solutions-oriented mindset.
- Strong communication (written, verbal, presentation) and influence-management skills essential; can collaborate effectively and efficiently.
- A sound knowledge of the web, social media and related technologies.
- Experience publishing and managing content in Content Management Systems.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (MS Office, MS Word and MS Excel), Google Suite and Slack.
- Familiarity with video/graphics formats, specs and delivery processes for digital and social media.
- Familiarity with the sports industry and sports digital campaigns a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.