Position is responsible for the day-to-day optimization of the HBO/MAX Distribution Product portfolio (On Demand, Free On Demand, Affiliate and Digital Partner Streaming Platforms) in alignment with overall team objectives. Position will assist in the development of overall product strategy within the distribution ecosystem.
- Serve as a central point person across department stakeholders and cross-functional teams for distribution product marketing initiatives and communication.
- Drive overall execution (i.e. securing approvals, managing the flow of communication, tracking) of product-driven promotions including sampling, free previews, distributor initiated promotions and in-platform programming stunts that align with HBO and Distributor priorities.
- Assist in the management of content workflow for sourcing and delivery of all promotional content on deadline and on budget.
- Ensure alignment of all product initiatives with HBO/MAX brand priorities across Distributor platforms and products.
- Assist in curating themes from HBO product strategies (e.g. HBO GO, HBO NOW), business data and research, industry trends and the competitive landscape to support the maximization of HBO’s presence on Distributor platforms and helping to inform recommendations in a timely manner that enhance the overall user experience.
- Maintain editorial calendars and communicate deliverable deadlines across agencies and internal creative teams.
- Leverage available data to improve upon content experiences and editorial strategy.
- Work with the research team to identify, scope, and execute qualitative and quantitative research.
- Research competitive companies and products by identifying and evaluating messaging, partnerships and UI capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years marketing experience within product/multi-platforms.
- Strategic, analytical and creative thinker with the ability to successfully interface with cross-functional working teams and garner support across partners.
- Natural collaborator with superior communication skills.
- Proactive, organized, efficient, detail-oriented, tenacious (persistent about bringing open items to closure), accountable, enthusiastic.
- Strong editorial judgment. Passionate about television, media and cross platform storytellin
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.