HBO Finance & Planning team is looking for a Director to help with our series programming cost modeling, deal analysis and long-range planning of In-House Productions and Co-Productions / Licensing projects for HBO Original Programming.
The Director will work cross-functionally between Finance, Production, Business & Legal Affairs and Senior Management to provide traditional finance support related to, but not limited to, financial modeling, reporting, analysis and presentation deck building.
- Manage season-over-season programming cost models to track current production budgets and forecast future series spend
- Lead in publishing weekly / monthly finance tracking reports for senior management
- Run ATL scenarios for Business Affairs and set financial targets for Production
- Manage deal analysis and valuation of new Co-Productions / Licensing projects with Finance, Distribution, Creative and Business Affairs teams
- Participate in the annual HBO / Cinemax Programming budgeting and 5-year long range plan process
- Create from scratch insightful management presentations and analyses of key business drivers, industry trends and key performance indicators
- BS/ BA degree in Finance, MBA a plus
- 7+ years of experience and strong preference given to candidates with TV production deal analysis and greenlight experience
- Excellent communication skills especially with non-Finance individuals
- Strong financial modeling
- Expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong time-management skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast, deadline-driven environment
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy
- Critical thinker, solid business acumen and problem solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of finance, operations and senior management.
- Collaborator / Team focused / Fast learner / Positive attitude / Proactive
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.