We are looking for a full-time public relations executive to be responsible for handling the PR tasks involved in HBO’s local original productions (LOP) internationally, but primarily in the English-speaking territories.
You will drive and further develop the long-range press strategy and the public facing profile of HBO Europe Original Production towards the international trades.
You will be based in London, working closely with the Executive Vice President of Original Programming and his team as well as HBO’s public relations teams throughout Europe, and will report directly to the Senior Vice President of HBO Europe’s public relations.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Positioning the LOP / production related announcements clearly with international trade and business publications, developing an awareness of the strength and breadth of HBO international productions
- Providing regular updates for the London and New York teams on upcoming stories and announcements, including timing and strategy, with a view to increasing the reach and coverage for these announcements, and providing key information to HBO executives in the US
- Working closely with publicists dealing with local talent
- Handling key profile features for the Executive Vice President of Original Programming and other OP executives
- Developing broad familiarity with each of the markets and being responsible for the English versions of press kits on all LOPs
- Developing close contact with major international festivals, making sure that we optimize opportunities with all festivals where HBO Europe are participating
- Drafting and editing press releases for original programming related announcements, working in tandem with the relevant producing territory
- Pitching and managing LOP set visits for key trades and handling trade press attendance to local premieres where relevant
- Being our PR contact person for international broadcasters that have acquired rights to our LOPs
To be successful in this role, we believe you will have:
- A passion for communication, servicing the press, and the HBO brand
- A strong network of international journalists and key players within the industry
- The ability to execute tasks in a fast-paced and changing environment
- A strategic, creative and well organized approach with excellent attention to detail
- Confidence with personal drive and motivation
- Proven ability to work effectively on several projects at the same time, under pressure and deliver on deadlines
- The ability to travel, as this is a European role supporting all our HBO Europe markets
Does this sound like your next job? Send us your application today
Please note: The application window for this position will close on the 24th July
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.