This position’s purpose is to manage the daily operations of the department and support the SVP, Director, Manager, and Supervisor in their roles as production executives for Documentary, family, comedy, and specials. Operations such as guiding freelance personnel through HBO procedures, processing payments, cost report management, and equipment management fall entirely on this position, and so this position has a significant impact on the day-to-day function of the department.
- Managing freelance personnel - including initiating and renewing tenant forms, requesting server access, managing and assigning office space, setting up non-staff Travel profiles, reviewing and approving non-staff travel, performing associate producer and production assistant duties as needed on specific projects, and serving as the primary contact for non-HBO staff working in-house for company policies, procedures, and notifications
- Processing payments - including creating Electronic Payment Requests (EPRs) for invoices, reviewing and submitting timecards for freelance staff and crew, troubleshooting payment inquiries and discrepancies for Original Programming, freelance staff, and outside production entities, reviewing and processing of expenses and petty cash for in house freelance staff and crew
- Managing and reconciliation of cost reports, performing G/L runs, and reconciling cost reports with G/Ls per project
- Setting up productions in Scenechronize, providing instructions for outside productions using Scenechronize, troubleshooting inquiries, running reports and tracking final deliverables through Scenechronize
- Independent project management for internal department needs. I.e., re-vamping and clean-up of department and freelance servers, designing and implementing of new cost reporting format, writing and implementing in-house freelance guide which is currently in process, et cetera.
- Managing production equipment – including scheduling, checking in/out to freelance crews, purchasing, and routing to manufacturer for maintenance of department owned production equipment such as cameras, lighting kits, audio, et cetera. Additionally, making requests on behalf of freelance staff to IT, Production Support Services, and others for loaner equipment (ie, laptops, blackberrys, et cetera)
- Supporting Director, EC Production, during annual Academy campaigns for documentary films including trafficking Digital Cinema Package (DCP) to theaters, ordering screener copies, tracking paperwork submissions
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in production
- Basic knowledge of UHD and HD production and post workflows
- Familiarity with accounting practices
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast pace environment
- Strong organizational, follow-up and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, fast learner, and goal oriented
- Solid written and verbal communication abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Filemaker Pro, Adobe Professional,
- Movie Magic Budgeting a plus.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.