This position coordinates the development and execution of consumer advertising and promotion plans to drive awareness, and tune-in for HBO Original Programming, including Series, Mini-Series, Films, Comedy and Documentaries.
- Coordinate the planning and execution of consumer advertising and promotion campaigns at all stages of the HBO Original Programming lifecycle – from tune-in through the home entertainment release (when applicable).
- Primary responsibilities include acting as a liaison with internal departments (Creative Services, Legal/Business Affairs,HBO.com, etc.) to ensure that all media and grassroots promotion plans are executed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with managing multiple external agencies in the development of creative advertising, media planning and high-impact promotions (e.g. guerilla/viral marketing, event sponsorships, etc).
- Assist with creative development of all off-channel advertising campaigns (TV, print, radio, outdoor, online) and coordinate material delivery with the in-house production team.
- Traffic marketing materials to Legal/Business Affairs to secure approval on all rights and clearance issues.
- Responsible for day-to-day budget maintenance and awareness including but not limited to submission, tracking and reporting.
- 2-3 years of marketing experience at a media company or advertising/promotion agency (entertainment industry experience preferred).
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail.
- Strong MS Word, Excel and Keynote skills.
- Knowledge of the digital media space (including social media) and new technology platforms (e.g. mobile, broadband, wireless, VOD).
- A passion for entertainment and popular culture.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.