HBO Programming is responsible for original series (i.e. GAME OF THRONES, WESTWORLD, GIRLS, VEEP), which have 6 or more episodes. Programming develops new potential series, from pitch to pilot, and simultaneously oversees the day to days of shows currently airing on HBO.
- Distributing and collecting mail daily
- Replenishing supplies (printer paper, staples, coffee, etc.)
- Sending daily Trades Reports with important/relevant industry news
- Preparing conference rooms for pitches
- Script Collating/Filing
- Script Coverage
- Draft Comparisons
- Coffee runs/walking errands
- Support Series department executives and assistants (In general, being available and proactive for any task)
- Desk coverage for assistants (phone rolling, scheduling, etc…)
- Preferably enrolled in a course of Film/Television study
- Basic PC skills (Outlook, MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Independent, self-starter and motivated to learn
- Strong Writing and Communication Skills
- Knowledge of Industry
- Organized and proactive
- Script Coverage Experience preferred
Eligible students must be rising juniors or seniors enrolled in a degree granting university or college. A minimum 3.0 GPA. Able to work in the Los Angeles and secure housing accommodations (HBO will not cover the cost of housing). Passionate about Film, TV, Media & Entertainment. Prior entertainment internship experience a plus. Candidates must be available to work a minimum 15 hours a week. All internship positions are paid.
Please keep in mind the application process is very competitive. Should there be an interest in your candidacy, an HR representative will contact you.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.