The Digital Social Media (DSM) team at HBO is growing as we evolve our marketing to keep up with changing consumer behaviors. We have an exceptional Digital and Social Media team with focus areas in digital & social marketing, production, design, media, analytics and acquisition + customer lifecycle marketing. We impact the competitive space by focusing on fan engagement via social platforms, driving tune-in and marketing technology, generating customer growth, emerging tech (AI, AR and VR experiences) and creating captivating consumer activations tied to our programming and the HBO brand. As marketing becomes more reliant on data to reach consumers with targeted messaging, we are injecting new skills into our organization that will arm us with insights and creative intelligence about those who follow us and love the stories we tell.
Our DSM team has won significant awards including: interactive Emmys, Cannes Lions, Webbys, PromaxBDA, Clios, Shortys and many more.
HBO is looking for a Director of Search who will lead all organic Search and Paid Search from strategic planning and investing, to agency management, to performance reporting. The Director of Search will develop a best-in-class search marketing strategy that drives demand and fuels new customer growth and will be responsible for SEO strategy, analysis and creating long-term SEO action plans that drives results. This position collaborates with diverse stakeholders from media agency partners, HBO Digital and Social Marketing Teams across Brand, Tune-in, Acquisition and Retention Marketing and representatives across WarnerMedia campaigns and properties.
- Develop holistic search strategies (paid and organic) and oversee implementation of campaigns
- Act as a subject matter expert for all things paid search and SEO by leading strategy development, campaign management, testing and execution with a unified vision for new customer acquisition with a focus on LTV
- Manage the day to day collaboration with the media agency to continuously ensure that priorities are balanced and achieved in the short and long term
- Lead search media performance analysis and reporting with internal stakeholders, agencies and partners
- Manage large media budgets with timely forecasting, reconciliations, and support audits
- Uncover deep understanding of consumer audiences, define what consumers are searching for and present actionable recommendations based upon those consumer intent insights
- Work with teams to lead and develop ongoing account optimization processes to include structure improvements, targeting improvements, keyword expansion, advanced use of negative keywords, and improvement in bid management processes and algorithms
- Work collaboratively with internal audience development, digital media, digital and social marketing and brand teams to determine business priorities to fuel search strategy
- Partner with media agency to provide SEO recommendations and inform technical requirements such as site audits, redesigns or relaunches to ensure best-in-class SEO design and coding
- Partner with production and engineering teams to implement SEO recommendations
- Incorporate search planning workflows into the organization’s broader media and planning processes
- Stay current with algorithm and SEO industry changes and provide thought-leadership across teams
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 8-10 years of experience working at a digital media agency or client-side media management experience and/or leading direct-to-consumer marketing via performance media strongly preferred
- A performance marketer at heart who enjoys making data-driven decisions and implementing growth strategies based on establishing efficiency at scale
- Deep understanding of how Paid Search/SEM interacts with Display Media, Paid Social, SEO, Affiliate, Feeds, Mobile, Social and Attribution
- Exceptional knowledge of Paid Search, market development and trends
- Possess a deep understanding of on-page and technical SEO ranking factors
- Solid experience analyzing data to understand consumer insights, help develop target audiences, keyword lists or SEO content, provide clear direction to agencies to optimize campaigns and evaluate media or content performance
- An expert with standard search industry reporting and diagnostic tools (Adwords, Google Analytics, Search Console, Screaming Frog, Majestic, Moz and SEMrush etc), Ad-serving and Bid Management technologies (DoubleClick, etc) and Enterprise-level SEO platforms (Brightedge, etc)
- Experience working with traditional and ecommerce search platforms and partners such as Google AdWords, SA360, Yahoo Gemini, Bing Ads, YouTube, Amazon Advertising (AMS/Amazon Marketing Services)
- A motivated and self-starter, with the ability to partner with multiple cross-functional teams and manage a team
- Strong analytical, project management and problem-solving skills, detail-oriented with focus on delivering results
- Well-honed communication skills with senior audiences, ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization from media partners to senior leadership
What we look for in candidates: curiosity, business acumen, strong story-telling abilities, strong work ethic, innovative thinking, passion and good energy
- We're serious about cultivating, nurturing and growing talent
- We value accountability, fairness, hard work and curiosity
- We’re fun, diverse and passionate about doing good work
- We’re out-of-the-box thinkers and doers
Benefits/perks: comprehensive health + wellness plans, generous matching 401K, cable reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, generous PTO, on-site fitness center, on-site health center, on-site cafeteria advanced employee screenings.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.