As a data science engineer on the Analytic Capability team, you will be building a data analytic infrastructure that supports our data science and analytic solution teams and the rest of the enterprise; transforming insights into actionable endpoints for Distribution, Finance, Marketing and our new Digital Products. You will work with our Data & Analytics Technology team in ensuring data is transformed to feed enterprise data stores in the cloud. You will be responsible for building the business logic and wrangling various data sources to support strategic data driven decisions on market, pricing, distribution and content optimization. This is a great time to join WarnerMedia Entertainment working with world-class brand data like HBO as the media industry vertically aligns along world-class content, digital distribution and backed by the mobile infrastructure strength of AT&T.
- Support developing an analytic infrastructure on an AWS environment and partner with IT for analytic production execution
- Work with data scientists and solution analysts to understand the business problems, proactively design intuitive data structures and create the best-suited data structures for modeling and analysis
- Translate advanced analytics results into production and maintain updates/refresh.
- Integrate additional and new sources of data that can enhance analytic capability, continually identifying and fixing issues that enforce a robust analytic process
- Provide customer service analytic support and behavioral insight and engagement
- Maintain HBO NOW subscriber transaction analytic structure by incorporating new providers, campaigns and tracking for transaction analysis
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field or equivalent experience
- Experience with AWS Solutions, Data and Analytics tools and building data structures to support advanced analytic and research functions.
- Expertise with both structured and unstructured data in a Big Data platform setting.
- Experience on database development, management and ETL at big data platform
- Experience with analytic scripting R, Python and strong with SQL.
- Knowledge of various data science techniques and experience implementing models developed with these techniques into a production environment
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.