As the Data Science Analytic Capabilities Manager on the Analytic Capability team, this individual will play a key role in defining and enhancing data science analytic capabilities within a cloud-based analytic infrastructure by partnering with both Direct to Consumer and Information Technology to manage the publishing of analytic solutions within the enterprise data lake. He/she will be responsible for the management of other analytic support personnel in support of data science and operational analytics team within consumer insights & analytics. You and your team will be responsible for building the business logic and wrangling various data sources to support strategic data-driven decisions on market, pricing, distribution and content optimization. This is a great time to join WarnerMedia Entertainment working with world-class brand data like HBO as the media industry vertically aligns along world-class content, digital distribution and backed by the mobile infrastructure strength of AT&T.
- Lead the design, deployment and management of insight and analytic end points in cloud-based infrastructure and manage updates/refresh cycles
- Oversee the management of the Consumer Insights & Analytics workspace (data science environment and workflow) within AWS
- Work with big data engineers in Technology to facilitate the instrumentation of events from our app and partner data sources, business logic development and publishing of analytic end points in the enterprise data lake
- Manage the creation of analytic data sets in support of operational analytics and data science initiatives within the Consumer Insights & Analytics team but also Distribution, Finance, Marketing and Direct to Consumer.
- Collaborate with both internal teams within Consumer Insights & Analytics and other business units to enforce robust analytic process, continuously build on data engineering learnings and continuous improvement in processes and tooling
- Evaluate, acquire and integrate additional sources of data that can enhance analytic capability
- Work with appropriate teams to ensure solutions comply with the HBO data governance and security policies.
- BS or higher in computer science or similar experience
- Demonstrated expertise with cloud based, big-data analytic infrastructure and support advanced analytic and research functions
- Strong hands on expertise with handling structured and unstructured data analytic workflows within a big data platform setting.
- Experience with analytic scripting in R, Python
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Flexibility and comfort working in a dynamic organization with minimal documentation and process
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.