HBO, the world’s premiere premium entertainment service, seeks an exceptional Executive Legal Assistant to provide outstanding support to a VP & Sr. Counsel and Director, Legal Affairs, West Coast Original Programming. The VP & Sr. Counsel and Director are part of a team handling a wide variety of legal matters related to the development and production of HBO’s award-winning Original Series and Films. The successful candidate will work closely and collaboratively in a fast-paced, exciting entertainment environment with the department’s attorneys, paralegals and assistants, colleagues across HBO and our productions, as well as talent representatives.
- Provide a professional, warm and resourceful telephone presence, placing, receiving and troubleshooting calls for direct supervisors and providing backup telephone support for the department
- Schedule and organize meetings, make travel arrangements, manage calendar and generally assist VP as required
- Prepare, proofread and redline legal documents, including drafting contracts and correspondence
- Process, send, distribute mail
- Maintain development, production and other legal files, and keep project filing current
- Follow-up on outstanding contracts, process and distribute documents and update reports
- Timely prepare and process expense reports, outside counsel bills, order supplies
- Provide backup support to other assistants within the department
- Miscellaneous departmental tasks
- Assist productions with various matters
- Overtime may be required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required and minimum 5+ years in an entertainment law firm or studio or network legal or business affairs department
- Professional demeanor and ability to be discreet and maintain confidentiality at all times
- Strong time management skills (proven abilities to prioritize tasks, multitask, meet deadlines, work independently, proactively and reliably)
- Ability to build and maintain business relationships and be calm and flexible under pressure and amidst changing priorities
- A fun, can-do, cheerful, collaborative attitude
- Tech-savvy individual, with extensive experience in all Microsoft applications (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint), PDFs, scanning, etc.
- Effective organizational skills required, strong attention to detail, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skills and emotional intelligence are essential
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.