WarnerMedia is a leading media and entertainment company that creates and distributes premium and popular content from a diverse array of talented storytellers and journalists to global audiences through its consumer brands including: HBO, HBO Now, HBO Max, Warner Bros., TNT, TBS, truTV, CNN, DC Entertainment, New Line, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Turner Classic Movies and others. WarnerMedia is part of AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T).
You will be a senior member of the WarnerMedia Litigation Center of Expertise (as an employee of Home Box Office, Inc./Turner), which is responsible for overseeing and managing litigation for WarnerMedia Entertainment (including HBO, HBO Max, TNT, TBS and truTV), WarnerMedia News & Sports (including CNN), WarnerMedia Distribution & International, and WarnerMedia corporate.
- J.D. degree and at least 15 years of experience at a top tier law firm and in-house at media or entertainment company.
- Ideal candidate will have experience handling the full breath of litigation arising from the production and distribution of news and program content, including libel, privacy, intellectual property claims.
- Additional experience in handling employment claims, government investigations, and complex commercial matters a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex relationships with clients, client representatives and insurance carriers.
- Strategic thinker with excellent legal and business judgment.
- Experience successfully navigating and supporting clients through corporate and industry transition.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to thrive as a team member and leader in complex corporate environment.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.