HBO is seeking a labor relations executive to join our Labor Relations Department.
- Handle labor arbitrations or other legal proceedings such as NLRB matters
- Investigate and address grievances brought by unions and guilds
- Prepare for, plan, negotiate and implement collective bargaining agreement terms, policies, agreements, and procedures
- Advise production, finance, business and legal affairs and company executives on the application of collective bargain agreements
- Represent the company in multi-employer negotiations
- Advise management on union population employee, employee relations, and performance related issues, problems, discipline, etc.
- Guide management and HR on disciplinary and/or employee grievance issues within the union population
- Participation in mediations, arbitrations and related meetings on behalf of company
- Serve as a liaison and point of contact with unions
- Ensures the company is complying with union and guild agreements
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with union representatives while advocating for the company
- Remain current on labor and employment law developments and television industry trends
Job Qualification Standards:
- Bachelors Degree required.
- JD strongly preferred.
- If candidate has a JD, must be a member in good standing with the State Bar of California.
- Knowledge of union contracts and complaint process including labor law.
- 8+ years of previous studio experience and legal training strongly preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Research skills required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.