This DMO Encoding Coordinator is a member of the Digital Media Operations team within Warner Media Technology. This position is responsible for the encoding, tracking, and distribution of file-based content for linear and non-linear services across Warner Media.
- Analyzes requests and assesses encoding workflow demands. Monitors incoming requests and tracks the source content required to fulfill them through upstream and downstream workflows.
- Processes transcoding jobs.
- Performs technical quality control screening of completed files as necessary.
- Distributes completed content according to request requirements.
- Interacts with various internal departments for day to day operations including weekly status meetings and systems development projects.
- Maintains all necessary documentation for workgroup operations.
- Provides coverage of the HBO Hotline as needed. Escalates incoming issues to the proper departments.
- Understanding of industry standard video and audio codec including but not limited to: H.264, Windows Media, Flash, AAC, Dolby E.
- Minimum two years of relevant experience with transcoding systems such as Vantage and Elemental.
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, prioritize and manage time wisely.
- Strong Interpersonal skills to include: solid teamwork, and excellent oral and written communication skills
- High degree of proficiency in all Microsoft Office components
- Familiarity with the technology and business aspects of distributing content across all platforms including but not limited to: Aspera, FTP, SFTP
- Candidate must be highly motivated with proven problem solving and analytical skills and the ability to drive change. Applicant must be able to function in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment.
- College degree preferred.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.