The Encoding Coordinator is a member of the Media Operations team within Warner Media Technology and is responsible for the ingest, transcode, tracking, quality control and distribution of file based content for clients throughout Warner Media Technology with a focus on HBO. This content includes, but is not limited to social media, home entertainment, press launches and private screenings. This position works directly with clients to define requirements, troubleshoot issues and answer questions.
- Monitor, process and update incoming requests through to completion.
- Coordinate with internal clients to ensure requests are processed to their satisfaction.
- Perform technical quality control checks on all processed files.
- Deliver content digitally via various industry standard transfer solutions.
- Use and maintain internal process mechanisms to facilitate back-end operations.
- Collaborate with other departments within the Media Operations team to process overflow work by request.
- Identify and report technical issues that impact encoding workflows. Work with Operations and Engineering to troubleshoot and test resolutions to these issues.
- Collaborate with other areas of Warner Media Technology on the creation of new systems and workflows to expand the capabilities of Media Operations and its clients
- Cross train with other operational areas and assist as needed for Disaster Recovery scenarios and general day to day coverage.
- College Degree preferred.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Ability to multi-task, troubleshoot, prioritize and manage time wisely.
- Strong communication and client services skills. Friendly can-do attitude and ability to stay calm in a high-pressure environment.
- Hands-on experience with video transcoding software and digital delivery solutions.
- Expert working knowledge of digital video fundamentals including: sync, time code, standards, formats, codecs and frame rates.
- Experience with video, audio and sync routing.
- Willingness to be flexible with scheduling on short notice and put in overtime as needed. This position may require night and weekend shifts.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.