The Data and Engineering Services team within the Media Technology & Information Services (MTIS) group is looking to add a Senior Data Engineer to be part of a team dedicated to the architecture, design and implementation of projects focused on collecting, aggregating, storing, reconciling and making data accessible from disparate sources to enable analysis and decision making.
As an independent contributor, this individual will collaborate within a team of technologists to produce enterprise-scale solutions to meet our clients’ needs.
In this role, responsibilities will touch on all stages of the software engineering life cycle: understanding customer requirements, designing the application, testing the application, and monitoring the system for issues. There will also be an opportunity to exercise highly-developed collaboration abilities interacting with other technology teams on broader cross-organization initiatives.
Working within an agile environment, the Senior Data Engineer will provide input into architectural design decisions, develop code to meet business needs and ensure the applications we build are meeting high standards of quality and support-ability. The individual will have the opportunity to develop his/her technical knowledge and skills while evolving the overall technical maturity of the team.
This position will be based in New York City.
- Interact with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology/business solutions.
- Mentor less experienced members of the team.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience designing and implementing large-scale, complex Extract, Transform and Load applications using industry-leading ETL products/platforms.
- 4-6 years of hands-on experience using SQL to perform complex data manipulation.
- 3+ years of experience modeling data warehouses (Kimball dimensional modeling).
- 1 year of hands-on experience in any Cloud environment.
- 1 year of hands-on experience using Python.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work with rapidly-changing business data.
- Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- 2-3 years of experience building advanced scalable ETL workflows and pipelines using SnapLogic and/or Informatica.
- 2-3 years of experience working in the AWS Cloud environment.
- 1+ year of experience working on Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse on AWS
- 1+ year hands-on programming experience with Python frameworks (E.g., PySpark, Airflow).
BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.