Assist the Film Programming team in all functions of the acquisition process for Major, Indie and Latino content (through HBO's established Output partners, Library and the growing Latino/Indie film-maker market).
The intern will have exposure to the Acquisition function, gaining insight as to which content is suitable for our platforms, develop writing skills to express film critique opinions thoughtfully and articulately, and study the ever-emerging eco-system of the SVOD/AVOD DTC landscape.
- Screen referenced content for possible acquisition
- Implement film meta-data (e.g. Box Office, Cast/Director, Synopsis, etc.)
- Participate in Content Advisories designations
- Operate Media Library tasks: film/title tracking and inventory reporting
- Special Ad-Hoc film projects
- Perform film distribution analyses (on both the technology & competitor fronts)
- Film/TV/Media related Major
- Moderate Excel/Word/PowerPoint abilities
- Passion and working knowledge of film
DESIRED SKILLS / TRAITS:
- Comfort / Awareness of film sites: (IMDB PRO, Box Office Mojo, Studio System, Variety, Hollywood Reporter, Deadline)
- Spanish speaking (desired but NOT required)
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.