The communications intern will support the Media Relations editorial and social team.
- Produce daily press reports
- Proofread press releases
- Assist in maintenance of HBO Media Relations website, including publishing and editing written press material and art
- Write, update, and revise HBO press kit and executive bios
- Monitor social media platforms for conversation threads and mentions of HBO programming from press and influencers
- Evaluate social media engagement and impressions for coverage reports
- Assist with HBO PR social/publishing platforms: Twitter, Instagram, and Medium
- Assist with college publicity campaign efforts
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Solid understanding of and interest in media and entertainment
- Familiarity with various social media platforms and an interest in analyzing/organizing/interpreting data
- Must be extremely detail-oriented and organized with an ability to multi-task and meet strict deadlines
- Must be proactive, resourceful, and innovative
The Internship Programs are designed to offer undergraduate and select graduate students the opportunity to learn how we provide programming for the cable industry and distribute entertainment content around the world. The programs will include Orientation, Project HBO, Speaker Series, Social Activities, Learning and Development Workshops, a Farewell Lunch, and more.
Note: Only applications submitted online will be accepted. HBO welcomes all applicants for this position; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.