WarnerMedia Technology is launching HBO Max, an all-new direct-to-consumer streaming service created to bring together the breadth and depth of WarnerMedia’s content, including broadcast and cable TV, film studios, interactive & immersive content, distinguished news & entertainment reporting, and much more — all in one digital destination.
In this key connecting role, you will collaborate with business stakeholders and a cross-functional team of Designers, Technical Program Managers and Engineers to develop a product portfolio and roadmap to support our direct to consumer subscription purchase funnel. You will interface and facilitate portfolio planning with business stakeholders to ensure alignment and seek input for planning purposes.
You have strong product sense, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills. You are also experienced and comfortable navigating ambiguity and influencing without authority.
Occasional travel required. This position reports to the Manager of Product Management for HBO Max.
- Own and drive purchase funnel related KPIs.
- Be the customer-expert and solve customer problems; be fully knowledgeable of pain points experienced by customers and work with the team to identify opportunities for improvement
- Continuous reporting and analytics on performance & metrics, including post-project release impact reports, leading to actionable plans and results
- Create experimentation plan and execute to drive continuous improvement of all KPIs
- Partner in product discovery to derive requirements enabling agile development teams to deliver efficiently
- Build and maintain a prioritized product backlog that supports KPIs and the organization’s strategic priorities
- Facilitate product development and marketing programs to drive incremental traffic across channels.
- Maintain internal and external relationships with regard to technical teams, content, project management, internal departments, and vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA Preferred.
- 3+ years of applied Product Management experience with a focus on ecommerce and/or digital subscriptions
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience
- Strong analytical background - Web analytics experience with Omniture/Google Analytics preferred
- Solid knowledge of A/B testing concepts and execution on digital properties
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Ability to think and perform both tactically and strategically
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Passion for solving customer problems
- Highly developed organizational, planning and analytical capabilities with tactical execution
- Demonstrated interpersonal and strong communication skills; written and oral
- Formal and informal presentation skills in small and large group settings
- Self-starter, accountable and empowered
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.