The Production & Program Operations group within the Content Acquisition team directs, manages and oversees the overall integrity of program and content data within HBO’s TEAM application, which tracks the production, product and asset level information and metadata for all programming offered across HBO/ Cinemax platforms and services, (e.g. HBO/ MAX linear services, On Demand, GO/NOW/Fancast, Home Entertainment and Enterprises). The data exchanged between TEAM and multiple dependent systems throughout the production and media delivery pipelines is critical for facilitating workflows that enable the scheduling, acquisition, enhancement, evaluation, encoding and delivery of the long and short form original content, licensed product, and interstitials that HBO offers to affiliates and subscribers. The Specialist will manage duties that facilitate daily path to air program and content operations. Responsibilities will also include the management of on-going content and data management projects that support initiatives focused on the enhancement of the production operations pipeline.
The Specialist will collaborate across business units to ensure efficient workflows for acquisition and media delivery. They will also work with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to deliver consistent data, reporting and insights across the organization, to enable and support efficiencies in department and company-wide processes, projects and initiatives. The Specialist will utilize enterprise software and tools to design and create reports and visualizations that will allow stakeholders to comprehend complex production, program and asset data quickly and easily.
In addition to supporting ongoing data management responsibilities related to content acquisition, delivery and asset management operations, the Specialist will be responsible for managing analytics and reporting capabilities across the department, utilizing program and asset metadata captured and maintained in a variety of enterprise wide systems. The position requires a strong understanding of programming and asset data, data sources, and their application to current and future business practices.
- Responsible for daily program and asset operations processes; responding to critical time sensitive queries and requests, while analyzing and documenting existing processes
- Manage the report development process, including business requirements gathering, user story development, functional specification development, and user acceptance testing.
- Serve as knowledge liaison between internal clients (department members) and technical teams (e.g. Business Objects Support) for reporting and analytics.
- Run and modify reports from our Business Objects team to facilitate and track the file creation of legacy and new titles
- Design, build and test data-driven stories using data tools such as Excel, Business Objects, Tableau, etc.
- Assist with asset metadata validation, for publication to dependent systems
- Communicate content status updates to stakeholder teams
- Prioritize file creation to ensure masters are screened and approved to meet delivery requirements
- Perform title and asset research by working with internal staff to assess approval status and technical issues related to source assets
- Examine program schedules and execute requests for content version and format availability
- Ensure that copies of approved masters are sent to West coast production teams in a timely manner
- Participate in asset data and reporting projects to support ongoing initiatives as needed
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of experience in a business operations setting and/ or working with data sets
- Accuracy, extreme attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- The ability to understand business and report requirements and translate them into operational requirements are a plus
- Knowledge of Business Objects, Tableau and/ or SQL are a plus
- Production operations experience or knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of media industry standards (e.g. SMPTE) and file-based media formats (e.g. MXF, AS-02, OP1a, ProRes, H.264) a plus
- Willingness to be available for short-notice mandatory overtime as required
America's most successful premium television company, Home Box Office delivers two 24-hour pay television services—HBO®and Cinemax®. HBO continues to take advantage of the latest technological innovations with advancements that include the availability of HBO programming online though HBO GOSM and MAX GOSM, as well as HBO On Demand® and Cinemax On Demand® in HD. Just as HBO is a company noted for its commitment to excellence in the products and services it delivers to consumers, it makes the extra effort to create a work environment in which fairness, equity, trust, and individual responsibility are valued. HBO is committed to retaining and recruiting skilled and motivated employees, placing a priority on qualified team players who contribute to the diversity of their workforce. HBO offers competitive benefits to include medical, dental, vision, a matched 401(k) plan, flexible spending, a commuter benefit program and tuition reimbursement.
HBO is an equal employment opportunity employer. HBO does not discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. HBO also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.